a. The rules for using our Services.
b. What you can do with our content (for example, you can share it or share links to it).
c. What we can do with things you post or upload.
d. Your rights and responsibilities.
We have kept the above as short as possible, and we will make videos for the complicated bits where applicable. We encourage you to read this Term of Use and check in for updates as the latest version of this document will always apply. We will normally release new updates when we release a new Service, change how we provide a Service, or must comply with a new legal requirement).
2. When these terms apply
Please read these terms, before using our Services. Whenever you use our services, you agree to these terms. If you do not abide by these terms, we may suspend or terminate your use of our Services and this will include any account you have created to use such Service.
3. Our Services and Content
This include anything digital offered by Ultima such as our websites (ultima.ng), platforms, mobile applications, ‘contact us’, our social media platforms, our radio or television channels, user generated contents and other production and media projects.
4. When other terms apply
Other terms will apply when you use other third-party services even when those services aid the delivery of our Services.
Other terms will also apply, when you contract with us in respect of any of our Services, enter a competition carried out on any of our Services or apply to participate in any of our production or media services.
5. Terms for using our Services and Content
In providing our services, we will provide Content that you can share and Content you cannot share.
5.1 Content you cannot share
5.1.1 What you should not do
DO NOT muddle with our Services
Please do not hack our Services or platforms, or try to get around our content security technology (for example, software that prevent you from copying our content), access content from outside the Federal Republic of Nigeria (“Nigeria”) that you are not allowed to, or help others do the same (please note that we want you to enjoy our services wherever you are, but if you cannot access them outside Nigeria, it is because we do not have the license to do so), or refuse to remove content, or services from your device or a service you have created when we ask you to do so.
DO NOT harm or offend
When you use our Services or Content, please do not:
- damage our reputation by associating us with anything likely to damage our reputation (such as sexism or racism, for instance).
- Do not associate us with situations that are likely to make the public sue us (for example, damaging the reputation of someone).
- Do not harass or upset people on our behalf.
- Do not post or upload anything offensive or obscene on any of our Services or platforms.
- If you disagree with someone, attack the argument, not the person.
DO NOT pretend to be Ultima or an affiliate of Ultima
Please do not:
- Recreate a Service or copy the look of a Service provided by Ultima.
- Use Ultima’s brands, trademarks, logos or other intellectual properties without our written permission.
- Use or mention our Content in press releases and other marketing bumph without our written permission.
- Make money from our content or services without our written permission (you cannot charge people to watch our production and media projects for example).
- Share our Content where they are not shareable.
5.1.2 When you need permission and how to obtain Ultima’s permission
To use Content containing whole shows, clips, photos, our logos, branding and all other things protected by copyright, you will need to obtain our permission. Please note that our content often includes other people’s content, for example, our production and media projects might feature images, video and music that belong to artists, actors and musicians or our license to produce a project has limitations we must comply with.
To obtain our permission please contact us using:
Addressee: Legal and Business Affairs, Ultima Limited
Ultima’s office address
Ultima Studios, 1 Ultima Studios Street, off Amore Street, Lekki Phase1, Lagos, Nigeria.
Post Code: 105102
5.2 Content that you can share
For content that can be shared, you will see a “Share”, “Embed” or “Social media button” (such as Facebook or Twitter) next to such Content. We will not always own the copyright for content that can be shared. We sometimes have to get license or permission for owners of such Content. Where you intend to use such Content for any business use, you must request permission and you may have to pay a fee.
5.2.1 What you can do with shareable Content
You may share, post comment and view as much as they do not harm and offend (please see 5.2.2 below).
5.2.2 What you must not do with shareable content
DO NOT harm or offend
We request that you please not use our shareable Content to harm or offend or mash them up with other content that are offensive or harmful. Things that may be considered harmful or offensive include:
- Insulting, misleading, discriminating, or damaging people’s reputations (defamation).
- Promoting pornography, tobacco or weapons.
- Putting children at risk.
- Anything illegal such as using hate speech, inciting terrorism and violence or breaking privacy laws.
- Anything that would harm Ultima’s reputation.
Do not collect money from the public
Where you use our shareable content, please do not charge others. Where you use them on platforms that charges for content, you must please ensure that they musts be free-to-view.
How you parade yourself when using our shareable content
You must not remove or alter our copyright notice or imply that someone else made any of our shareable Content.
You must not use our Content in a manner that portrays that you are affiliated with us, or that we are endorsing you. For example, you must not make a service of your own that contains only our shareable content or a significant amount of our shareable content in comparison to the amount of other content on such service.
You must also not exaggerate your relationship with Ultima. You must not say things or portray the use of our shareable content in a manner that suggest that you have exclusive access to our Content or that we endorse, promote, supply or approve of you.
Do NOT use our shareable Content for promotion or advertisement
Please do not:
- Put any other content between the link to any of our shareable Content and the shareable content itself.
- Put advertisements next to or over our shareable Content.
- Add extra content that means you will earn money from them.
5.2.3 What you “have to say” when using our shareable content
When using our shareable content, you must:
- Use the latest version and, where we put in place any tagging or tracking, please do not remove them.
- Make sure it is displayed accurately.
- Most of our shareable content will come with credits included. If not, please ensure you add credit in a prominent place nearby to show where you got the shareable content from. You may please add the following:
© copyright: Ultima Limited, 2020 all rights reserved.
This is where you create your own content by uploading a creation that belongs to you to one or more of our Services, uploading or sending video clips (including breaking news) or photo for use on our radio or television channels.
You own the copyright in your creation when your creation is completely new and original. This will normally mean such creation does not feature content belonging to a third-party, such as videos and music. Where this is the case, you may do with such creations as you please including sharing, submitting or uploading such creations with some of our Services. Conversely, where your creation contains third-party content like images, sounds, music or video, the copyright for that content may belong to such third-parties and this will normally mean you have to obtain the permission of such third-parties to do anything with your creation including sharing, submitting or uploading it on any of our Services
We may reproduce, modify, or edit any creation you submit or upload on any of our Services. We will appreciate you for sharing your creation with us, but we will not pay you for it. Other terms may also apply in respect of third-party services or tools used to provide us with your creation. Please endeavour to read third party terms (which you can search for online) as they tell you what the provider can do with your creation when you use their tool.
We hope to use your creation, however, we cannot guarantee that we will use it. We will normally show your name alongside your creation. However, we will try to remove it where you request us to do so, although this may not always be possible.
When you submit or upload your creation on any of our Services, you give up your moral rights. This means we can use your creation without identifying you as the creator, edit or change your creation and you will not be able to say we have treated your creation in a derogatory way.
6.1 Creation you should not send us
Please do not send us creations that:
- Was made by someone else, or that copies someone else’s creation.
- Is illegal or damaging to someone else’s reputation (defamatory).
- Is inappropriate or offensive.
- Contains spam.
- Infringes anyone’s rights (that includes privacy rights).
- You have made as part of your job or for your business.
- Promotes a business.
- Identifies someone (unless you have their consent or, if they’re under 16, the consent of their parent or guardian).
- Is in contempt of court
- Contains links to content that cannot be seen easily, may be unsafe (viruses, worms, spyware and Trojans) or automatically launches lots of windows.
- Does not comply with these terms.
6.2 What we do with your creations
We will endeavour to tell you what we do with your creation but that will not always be possible. When you submit, post, upload or contribute a creation, we can:
- Use, host or store it in on our services, which means you may see find your creation on our radio or television channels, our websites, social media or on other sites who have our permission to feature some of our content.
- Share it to do research because we conduct research activities and sometimes collaborate with research partners who we share our content and data with but we are careful about what we share and what our research partners can do with your creation.
- Moderate your creation, which means we can review, edit, remove or decide not to display your creation and where it breaks any laws, we can refer it to the police and other appropriate authorities.
- We can use a creation you have submitted, posted or uploaded anywhere in the world, in any medium for as long as we want, even if you stop using our services.
7. External links
We sometimes link to non-Ultima sites and we sometimes put our Services on them. Here are a few things to note:
- We do not endorse the sites we link to.
- We are not responsible for their content or liable for anything that happens to you if you use them.
- If you or anyone else shares something containing a link, we are not responsible for anything on the site it links to.
If you use any of our Service on behalf of a business, that business agrees to these terms. Your business therefore must comply with and is bound by these terms in such circumstance.
Please read these terms before using our Services. When you use our Services and Content, you are agreeing to:
- Any other terms we have communicated to you.
This is a contract between you and us. No one else has any rights to enforce its terms.
Nigerian Laws governs these terms, and only Nigerian courts can make judgments about them.
Our Services and Content are made available to you by Ultima Limited of Ultima Studios, 1 Ultima Studios Street, off Amore Street, Lekki Phase1, Lagos, Nigeria.
© Ultima Limited 2020